Happy Pi Day! As many of you may already know, pi is the mathematical ratio (rounded to 3.14) of a circle’s circumference to diameter. Let us help you celebrate March 14 with a light and easy banana cream pie recipe from the Borgess Light Hearted Living Cookbook.
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 low-fat graham cracker crust
- 1/2 pkg (4 oz) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups skim milk
- 2 pkg (4 serving size) banana cream flavored sugar-free instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 tub (8 oz) fat-free whipped topping
Once you collect all of the necessary ingredients, you are ready to go! Follow the steps below and you will be enjoying in no time.
- Slice bananas and dip in lemon juice to keep slices from darkening. Drain slices on a layer of paper towels. Arrange slices in bottom of graham cracker crust. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in milk until well blended. Add pudding mixes. Beat 2 minutes or until thickened and smooth. Gently stir in half of the whipped topping. Spoon into crust over banana slices.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
We hope you enjoy your day and are glad we could be a part of it. To get more great recipes like this, check out the Borgess Light Hearted Living Cookbook at cookbook.borgess.com or visit the Seasons Gift Shop located inside the Atrium at Borgess Medical Center..